8.14.2008

Ode to...

Love. Oh man...is she going to LOVE this blog post! :)

So...Love. I met her my second year of teaching. She was student teaching at the time. All I remember about Love from that year is that she was "mean." No, no...not to me- the kids that used to be in my class the previous year told me so! When we were doing interviews (all nine trillion of them- remember Jaime and Katie?!) to hire new teachers for DSE, we knew that Love HAD to be one of our teachers! She brought it- military style...and we all liked that! Our first year at DSE...I wasn't sure what to think of Love. She was loud. And she had no filter. NONE! But...wait a second...I'm loud w/ no filter...so...I thought- hmm...I'll get to know her. I pretty much didn't know what I was getting myself into! I'm PRETTY sure I got spanked more from the big dawg b/c of laughing at her during the staff meetings- it's like...if something "dumb" was said or done- she knew to stare me down...she knew I was using every fiber of my being not to burst out of my skin laughing (or screaming- same diff!). My friendship with Love grew...as did my photography portfolio...girlfriend likes to get her pictures TAKEN! LOL... No...what I was going to say was...my friendship with Love grew after she (and her then boyfriend, Eddie) visited CCV with Derrick and I. It was pretty funny...CCV was just starting their Ripple Effect campaign...so the sermon was pretty much about $$$. Her and Eddie visited several more times...the most comical time would be Easter Sunday @ UofPhoenix Stadium (do you remember Love?!)...I'll let her elaborate if she so pleases...after that Sunday, Love shared her testimony with me....and I knew we had bonded...They started attending PVC after Derrick accepted the Worship Director position. They are by far his biggest fans...and they thoroughly enjoyed Greg's message (and front tuck!) :) The irony of it...the first time they visited...we were started the Seize the Moment campaign...so the sermon had hints of $$$ talk! LOL. But I was so glad they were coming- especially b/c they'd save me a seat when I was late...which was every weekend!

Anywho- Dec 1st was a sad sad sad sad sad day in AZ. The Breaux family left me. Love's hubby, Eddie finally got his orders to go overseas- to Japan! JAPAN!!! Oy! She's so far away from me...and yet- our friendship only continues to grow. I cannot express to you how much I miss that girl- and her cute lil Elijah- and her hubs...and her loud laugh!

So...thank you, Love...for being such a good friend...for being thoughtful...and funny...and real.


These are the things I miss...
*falling asleep on the sectional while the boys play Madden...
*Elijah's reenactment of Tarzan&Jane...
*Elijah's vomit- oh wait...don't miss that!
*Elijah's ashy ASHY legs...that I DO miss!
*inappropriate staff meeting rants and raves
*your trying to laugh like the 4th grade team...
*Carrabas...
*Chicfila chicken platters...wow
*calendar shoots...
*bean bags...
*celebration Eddie and lil Eddie
*eating your candy EVERYday after school...
*the computer lab
*apple of my eye! LOL- sorry Katie!
*your different wigs!
*honky tonk ba donk-a-donk (yes, I googled it to spell it)
*youtube videos
*aww sad- your lack of a Christmas tree! (I'm seriously going to send you one this year!)
*the Costco blanket
*manly voices
*Wii tennis! LOLOL
*when you get excited and yell "YES!"

Wow...my list can go on forEVER! I am so blessed to have you as a friend! I read once in someones blog "some people are in your lives for a long time...others are in your heart forever"...Love, you'll always be in my heart- even if you're in Japan! I can't wait until you meet Jude!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

YES!!! My pics are uploaded for the world to see!!!! J/k! I love you Kim! I am the one that was truly blessed to share my testimony with you and you were NEVER judgmental or critical! My last 2 years in AZ were the most memorable ...... because of the Logans! I would love to share more on the Resurrection Day service at UoP stadium, but I know PV peeps look at this blog and I would hate to have such a VIVID image of me next time I go back to our HOME church! We are coming back to the states next summer....Lord willing and the creek don't rise!

P.S. Can I get Derrick's worship online! DAG!

katie said...

First I would like to say you all can KISS MY BOOTIE! I liked my scategories answer and you all are just mean. And second...Love actually got a Christmas Tree! First, I wonder why in August, but I am not going to knock it. She is coming around.