9.02.2008

cotton candy....

...sweet n'low- let me see that tootsie roll...

So. Derrick and I took Jude to his first wedding back in June....I hadn't timed the trip to the church very well- it fell right at Jude's feeding time. Needless to say- he cried the ENTIRE way there...construction detours and all. There was one point along the way that I turned on the radio and began flipping through my "fav" stations for SOMEthing-ANYthing to distract my boy. Lo and behold...97.5 was playing an oldie but a goodie- Nelly's "Hot in Herre" (btw- that's not a typo! lol). Silence. Jude totally stopped crying...so I lean over to Derrick and say- "whoa, our son is ghetto." Oops. Apparently that is offensive, even to a 1.5 month old...and the waterworks started again....

Recently...I've been kinda "down" (not really) b/c Jude seems to enjoy the presence of his dad- much much much more than when he's w/ me (probably b/c I shove my face in his any chance I get!)... I even blogged the other day how I missed my most anticipated milestone thus far in his life- laughter. Derrick has gotten Jude to giggle probably everyday since then....and everyday I run to hear- only for Jude to stop when I get there... and don't even get me started about ME trying to get Jude to laugh!!!!! He's just not having it! (Even though I'm flailing around just like daddy!!!)

Well...I LOVE giving Jude his bath. Probably one of my favorite things to do w/ Jude- he's just so stinkin' cute and calm and just loves it....and honestly- I just think he has the cutest "shiner" (tushie)... Anywho- so yesterday...daddy was getting the water ready...and I had a lil nakie Jude standing on the bathroom counter looking at the mirror....of course, he's too little to be able to hold himself up for long and soon his legs gave way....when this happened, his bootie kinda swished...so I started singing "cotton candy sweet as gold let me see that tootise roll.." And Jude BUSTED out laughing!!!! YES! I bet you can just picture me now- holding my naked son- in front of the mirror- swishing his shiny around singing ghettofabulous songs!!! But I got him laughing for a good 5 mins! Derrick tried to get it on camera, but by the time everything was set up, 5 more mins of laughing went by...and Jude got a wee bit of stage fright!

It was a mommy's dream though! :) I can't wait for bathtime tomorrow!!!! :)

5 comments:

The Breaux Family said...

YES.....that's my FAV song to run to! SUPER SAD, but oh so true!

Anonymous said...

this song has been stuck in my head... :)

The Breaux Family said...

For real...is that the real words for that song? I always thought it was "Cotton Candy -Sweet n' Low" Hmmm now that I type it it really sounds ridiculous!

kimbasa said...

LOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOL

it IS sweet n' low!!!!! LOL...that's what happens when you're sleep deprived!!!!

The Orona Family said...

OMG! You guys are totally Ross and Rachel singing "Baby Got Back" to Emma! Thanks to you, the words, "to the left, to the left" are echoing through my mind.