-Foo Fighters...
So....We're going back in time...little 11 year old Kim....LOVED Beverly Hills, 90210. I mean...I LOVED it. I am a little embarrassed to say...I used to "hide" the fact that I watch
ed it from my mom...b/c I just KNEW that it was a show she wouldn't want me to watch. I loved when Kelly and Dylan started going out...even if that meant drama between Kelly and Brenda (I, like most of the girls in my class, had a crush on Dylan)...and I was sad when David cheated on Donna. Aaaand I thought the show was lame once they got into college.
ed it from my mom...b/c I just KNEW that it was a show she wouldn't want me to watch. I loved when Kelly and Dylan started going out...even if that meant drama between Kelly and Brenda (I, like most of the girls in my class, had a crush on Dylan)...and I was sad when David cheated on Donna. Aaaand I thought the show was lame once they got into college. I was skeptical when I heard that 90210 was coming back...Seriously?! I mean- especially when I heard there was going to be a "Midwest" family moving to the fast paced California lifestyle again...Lame. But...I was secretly also excited to watch...I DVR'd the first episode....ew...and the second... Now...I know the original show didn't depict the realistic life of a high school...and I
know that things have changed since even I was in high school.... but wow. If I thought my mom didn't want me to watch BH90210...she DEF. wouldn't want me to watch this... :( Why does television have to be so smutty? I mean...I see the commercials for "Gossip Girl" and whatnot that I know my 4th grade girls would LOVE to watch...and yet...they are filled with such skanky girls (and boys) that do things and say things that send the message that it's okay to lack morals... Sigh. I think that once Jude is old enough to watch shows other than "Little Einsteins"- Derrick and I may need to get rid of the TV...but then again...I know that's not realistic either. Guess I'll just have to do what MY mom did...and lecture Jude anytime we're in the car together (hee hee hee- although- what good did that do since I snuck around to watch 90210!!!)
know that things have changed since even I was in high school.... but wow. If I thought my mom didn't want me to watch BH90210...she DEF. wouldn't want me to watch this... :( Why does television have to be so smutty? I mean...I see the commercials for "Gossip Girl" and whatnot that I know my 4th grade girls would LOVE to watch...and yet...they are filled with such skanky girls (and boys) that do things and say things that send the message that it's okay to lack morals... Sigh. I think that once Jude is old enough to watch shows other than "Little Einsteins"- Derrick and I may need to get rid of the TV...but then again...I know that's not realistic either. Guess I'll just have to do what MY mom did...and lecture Jude anytime we're in the car together (hee hee hee- although- what good did that do since I snuck around to watch 90210!!!)I will say one thing about the new show...I was super excited to see that Kelly is the guidance counselor at the school...and has a 4year old kid- whose dad is yet to be disclosed...and her baby sister, Erin ("Silver") is all grown up and angsty and in HS...as w/ Andrea's girl...(I was even dorky enough to do the math to see if that was accurate! I know- my head is hung in shame...) It was fun to see part of what the "old gang" is doing... The new cast is okay, I guess...I guess I'm just an old fart now. (I do have to say to casting, however- um...your Naomi girl...yeah- please invest in some lessons on how NOT to make your face so retarded when you are shocked or sad....it's really distracting...and laughable.)





5 comments:
I wanted to be Dylan - I had the Z-Cavarichi pegged pants to prove it.
Ohhhh I just wanted to say that it is incredibly embarassing that you liked 90210...for real! I mean I know I loved (I mean LOVED)Joey McIntyre from NKOTB,but I think yours trumps mine:)
Ohh... I loved NKOTB... and Joey McIntyre. I had a t-shirt. Sigh...
Seriously, when I saw that the new one was on I was so excited and then saw the commercials for it and i was shocked!! Ha it was a big deal when the original 90210 people were caught drinking. I guess it got a little bad at the end when they owned a night club and stuff but it was still pretty innocent. I never missed a show when the old one was one. Ha jeremiah and I watch a lot of movies and lame reality shows and thats about it b/c everything is skanky... it stinks! oh well. it happens.
Ok, I TOTALLY still watch 90210 reruns on Soapnet! I was equally intrigued by the new series...and recorded it too! It is definitely way less moral than the original...and I think Brandon could maybe be that kid's dad...
Post a Comment