So. It's been awhile! I've seriously sat down to blog several times...but my ADD kicks in and next thing you know, I'm doing laundry or warming bottles or something...(as a matter of fact, I actually just stepped away from the computer for 2 hours before continuing- oy)...
I thought I'd update everyone on our crazy life...let's see...
*Derrick and I went to the Maroon5/Counting Crows concert earlier this month...it was a good concert- M5 is just so awesome live- you know how sometimes you go to a concert and you're like...um, really?! is that REALLY what you sound like?!- M5 is NOT like that- Counting Crows on the otherhand.....whoa- simmahdown on the dramatics buddy! We left 3 songs in- I was grinning and bearing it b/c I though Derrick really wanted to watch...but as soon as he gave me the green light, I was a'runnin! I had this big long blog in my mind during the concert...but too much time has gone by and I've forgotten what I was going to say. Sigh... I also have a video of this chick getting DOWN! but I'll spare you b/c it doesn't bring justice to the hilarity...(totally have a crush on Adam Levine...sigh)
* I threw Derrick a surprise guys night on Friday....I was out w/ some of my girlfriends...and thought that DLo deserved some time w/ da boys. I evited (lol) a bunch of his friends to come over and play poker...it was awesomeness b/c Derrick, the ultra-oblivious hubby he is- was SUPER surprised. His brother Jerrod helped me out in my master planning...meaning- I invited, and he did the rest! Well- Jerrod and his wife, Niki, and our uncle Jeromy were already inside the house waiting for Derrick and the others...well...when Derrick got home, he was on the phone w/ Fernando, in his car in the garage...and Jerrod was wondering what was taking him so long to come inside- and peeked out the door- Derrick happened to look up and see him- and freaked out! LOL. So- although it wasn't the "perfect" surprise- it was still awesome! Unfortunately, Derrick didn't win anything, ratz! JRod was the winner of the evening...and had a trophy shirt to take home (which is super funny since he made it!)... anywho- boys (yeah, right, like they read my blog)- be prepared b/c Derrick THINKS he's having another poker night in a few weeks. You'll get an evite! LOL
* Um...let's see...Jude is a crazy beast...He's been napping really well in his swing?! What?! I know I know- but dood will actually take a decent nap in there...and momma just needs a little break, ya know?! Hopefully I'll get him back to napping in his crib soon...
* Speaking of crib- he seems to like his room better now...we have been sleeping for 6-8hours straight in there...which isn't bad, but I miss the 10hour days of when he was in our room. Sigh.... He's getting better...BUT- for the last few nights, he reFUSES to go to sleep until 11pm+ ?! Ugh. What is going on here?! The other night- I passed out on the couch at like 12:30am...poor Derrick finally got him to bed right before 1am.
* Jude's been a GREAT eater! He's been having a delicious breakfast of formula and rice cereal...and then recently, we started him on Avacados. Laugh. Out. Loud. Homeboy knew the first bite that it wasn't cereal. He made the CUTEST disgusted look- and immediately pushed the food out of his mouth. LOL. But mommy is a persistant one- and now he...tolerates it!
I suppose that's it for now...feeling drained! Maybe I'll go take a nap before Grey's Anatomy starts- EEP!... (PS- totally finished the blog the NEXT day. Sadtimes.)
9.24.2008
...long time no see...
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)





3 comments:
what did counting crowes do that was dramatic? they are like one of my favorite bands but I have never seen them live.
Uh, I DO read your blog.
Fernando-
The dood from CC just acted all tormented. I thought he was drunk myself. When I go see a show- unless it's on broadway- just sing. Leave the theatrics for Gammage! :)
Post a Comment