9.26.2008

...say 'ello to my lil frin...

Derrick, Jude and I went to dinner at our good friends' house the other night...as we were leaving, I noticed a bug on their window (it was outside on the screen)- and IMMEDIATELY I knew that it was a Praying Mantis. Now. Here is a little fact about Kim that you may not have known...I HATE PRAYING MANTIS'- like WITH the burning passion....I'm afraid of them- they make me nauseous and I cringe whenever I see them. Now...I know that some of you may be thinking...hmmm- I've never even seen a praying mantis before. Consider yourselves lucky. I have seen PLENTY in my lifetime. It's like...they KNOW I don't like them...and thus grace me with their presence. Grrr. As a matter of fact. In the last 2 weeks- this was the FIFTH praying mantis I saw. FIFTH! My parents always have geckos on their window screens- so Derrick asked me "Would you rather it be a gecko?!" Now...I don't like geckos and other bugs. I don't want to touch them or have them in a close vicinity...but I can tolerate them. A praying mantis, however- negative. So...I pretty much acted like the stupidest little girl you can think of...but I have NO shame. It was NOT nice how Perry (one of our friends) kept attacking me like the big green triangle-headed beast. And Anibal took aBOUT 900 pictures of it through the window! LOL....

Anywho-when we got home...we noticed that we had an intruder in our house....

















To prove a point- I didn't freak out! (Besides- it was just a lil guy!) If it had been another PM, however...I might have had to just move out of my house!!! Bluck!

2 comments:

Amber Hann said...

that reminds me of the movie Matilda when they catch the nute and throw it at the mean principal. Be happy you dont have scorpions (actually since that bug guy you recommended, we have had NO bugs... we walk barefoot in our OWN home now!) thanks!!

Stacey said...

We have tons of praying mantis' at our house right now! I've never met anyone who is so scared of them though. I'm that way with crickets!