10.08.2008

...five...

So. Five blissful months ago, I gave birth to Jude. I write this each time...but I can't believe he's already this old. Wasn't it just a week ago that I was laying there in the hospital (with my ohsofashionable gown???)? I have just been falling so much deeper in love with this little guy- I was telling Derrick just the other day- if feels as if my heart will burst...I can't imagine loving him more- and yet, I constantly do...


















Recently Jude has:
* eaten solid foods: rice cereal, avacados, sweet potatoes, pears, and green beans
* starting sitting up pretty well on his own (thanks to the spare tire around his diaper!)
* started sleeping through the night (again) in his own room! (can I get an AMEN?)
* got two shiny white new teeth
* started to laugh more
* helps mom around the house- cooking, cleaning, and doing laundry! ;)
* started a new bedtime routine (prayers would be much appreciated!)
* started playing w/ his toys more- as in- he doesn't just grab at it...

Gosh...my brain is on "slow" tonight (maybe it's b/c I'm listening to Jude cry right now- it's the bedtime routine *sigh*) Anywho. I feel like the luckiest girl on the planet. I'm too blessed.



Jude,
Your dad and I are so proud of you. You are such a great baby...and you bring us so much joy. I cannot express to you how overwhelmed I am with love for you....Jude, your daddy and I thank the Lord for trusting us to be your parents. We pray that we will raise you to be a strong and faithful servant of God.

We love you son...
-Mommy

2 comments:

Amy said...

Jude is so cute...I love your posts! Lots of prayers for your "bedtime" routine! We went through that too and it was hard but Jadon is a great sleeper now-anyone can do his "routine" and he goes to bed great-even when traveling as long as we stick to the routine! Keep at it...you'll be happy you did later on! I promise!!!

Anonymous said...

I love, love, love this picture! He is adorable!