10.22.2008

...1, 2, 3- not it!...

I got tagged again...! I'm excited, I'm not gunna lie! I love stuff like that... Okay- 8 facts about Kim:

1. I was born in Korea...my dad is white...and was in the AF at the time. He and my mom were "hooked up" by friends. (Cute eh?)

2. I'm a cleaning fiend. Granted...I don't clean every weekend like I used to when we were first married...but I always have the house "picked up" before I go to bed...or else I cannot sleep....and- before we go on vacation, the entire house must be cleaned and vacuumed (you should see the carpet when it's freshly vacuumed- Derrick calls it the sea of carpet!)- which means...I'll be stressing out on Sat/Sun to clean since we're going out of town!!!

3. My mom, dad, and I once got into a "fight" at Disneyworld. LOL. No, no...not w/ each other...w/ another family. (I would like to side note...that I'm not super proud of it...but it WAS really funny). The other lady started yelling at my mom...and then the man at my dad...and well...you just don't mess w/ the Rackley's...and since my mom's English isn't the best...I had to jump in for her. It was pretty hilarious actually... (PS- although my mom's English isn't the best- she knows what she's a'sayin! And it. is. hilarity!)

4. I can't seem to take "professional" pictures of my son. Sure, I take a zillion pictures of him...but they all look like a proud momma who is a wee bit camera happy! I have an AMAZING photographer that takes our family pictures.

5. I've tried to start a photography business twice w/ two different people. The first one was kinda a joke...we called ourselves JK Photography- b/c we were Just Kidding (also Jaime and Kim)...the second business was legit...but timing wasn't good for me....I couldn't give 100% of myself to the company...and learn to be a new mom...and find other ways to supplement my lack of an income!!! (Plus- wow- it's hard to start a business!!!) I AM starting my OWN photography business though...nothing beats being your own boss!!! I hope to be fully up and running by 2009!

6. I'm a perfectionist. It's quite annoying!

7. I can't stand it when there are spelling typos. It really drives me NUTS... (see #6). There are many times I'll read through some of my old blog posts...and I'll edit it b/c of a spelling error! It makes me crazy! I think if I ever were to look for a non-teaching/photography job...I would try to become a copy editor! (You should see how I get when I catch a typo in a book!!! My students would be like "seriously, Mrs. Logan...move on!")

8. When I read...I read w/ different voices....It's pretty outrageous. I read the entire Harry Potter series outloud to Derrick...and I used different voices for the characters. LOL. Oh wow...I'm embarrassed... but my kiddos LOVED it... and...even though they're 9- it still feels good to hear 30 kids tell you that you're the BEST reader ever! (Bonus- I think the reason I do that...is my life dream is to be a voice for a Disney Character...I even had a student write a letter to Mr. Disney?! telling him that I would be good for the job! LOL...ah- the things you can get kids to do!!!- I totally miss teaching!)

Okay- I'll tag: Julie G, DLo, Amy K, and Nicole J.

1 comments:

Stacey said...

Can't believe I didn't comment before. I love that you read in different voices... that's what makes the story come alive! My kids love when I read like this.

A fight at Disney World? Wow, once Jeff and my Mom got into a fight at Disneyland with each other. It was a sad day at the happiest place on earth! They both apologized and moved on thought and the rest of the trip was happy!

Cool story about your parents!