10.01.2008

...Nov. 4th...

So. I'm not a girl who follows politics. I should, but I don't. I don't wanna say "I don't care" about it...b/c I guess I do...but so much of it is corrupt and confusing and I would rather catch up on celebrity gossip (go ahead and judge me!)...

But. This Nov. 4th, Litchfield, Avondale, and Agua Fria Districts are asking for you to vote YES and support the Override initiative. Passing this initiative WILL NOT RESULT IN A TAX INCREASE. (AZ requires that Overrides be renewed every 7 years) The Override is important b/c it allows these districts the funding needed for...aides, special areas teachers, smaller class sizes, gifted programs, etc... Wow. That means- if I were still the Media Specialist this year...my job would be in jeopardy. Wow. If the renewal does not pass, Litchfield Elementary School District would need to cut approx. $4,500,000 over the next three years...

So. If you live in the Litchfield, Avondale, Agua Fria District areas...please vote YES on the Override. It will NOT raise your taxes, but it WILL benefit your children.

If you'd like more info, please go to: www.continuethequality.org/index.html

0 comments: