10.15.2008

...shhhh!!!....

So. When Derrick and I first got married...we used to do all sorts of stupid and childish things (don't think for a second that we don't still do those things, however)...we would often get into water fights in our living room...and scream at the top of our lungs....it. was. awesome. But anytime one or the other of us needed a break (usually to catch our breath)- we'd say...shhh- baby sleeeeeeping. What can I say. We. are. dorks! Of course there was no baby...but we would both immediately quiet down and start giggling. (I'm slightly embarrassed now that our secret has been revealed)... Well...one day, I happened to be looking in Old Navy- and ran across this shirt- and I LOVED it- that it said exactly what we said- not "Shhh- The baby is sleeping"...so I bought it. I'd been buying things for my future child since I was 18- random things, toys, clothes... whoa- run on thought. Anywho. So I bought the ON shirt....I've been SO excited for Jude to wear it... Of course the day he wears it, he totally doesn't take a nap (well...mommy WAS clothes shopping for the tyke- we are in need of 9month clothes and long sleeve stuff! Thank goodness for giftcards- which I saved for this very reason!) BUT...on an exciting front- some of you may have heard (did I blog it?! oy, I forget...) that Derrick and I have been trying a new bedtime routine w/ Jude- tyring to get him to bed earlier and w/o our assistance. Jude has become great at napping on his own- w/o me rocking him...but nighttime is a different story. Well. After a few days of crying- mostly me...- Jude FINALLY goes nie-night on his own!!!!! PRAISE. THE. LORD! I love it. And I love seeing how proud Derrick is of the little guy! (He seriously beems!)

Anywho- I feel like I've been very scatterbrained lately- I was disappointed in my list of things that Jude's been doing lately...so I thought I should add more! He's been so fun lately- growing up- too fast... I love it when Jude:

*rubs my chin w/ his fat little hands...
*lets go of my face- that he grabs w/ his vice like grip! (lol...although it's painful- I secretly love it! My strong little man!)
*blows rasberries...
*sings his sleepy song...
*smiles when I sing to him in the morning- every time... (I always sing the "Goodmorning medly" to him as I'm getting him outta his crib and changing his shiner)
*snuggles w/ mom- he is SO sweet- resting his head on my shoulder and just talking to me... (he's doing it now....melts my heart!)
*gets excited when daddy comes home...
*smiles at his Papa Rackley
*jumps like a crazy man in his "Jumperoo"
*"mmmm's" after every bite of food...
*waves one arm
*attacks his toys
*fligs his legs whenever his Halmoni is holding him...
*bites his hands whenever he's happy...

Oy- he's such a cutie! *Sigh*

6 comments:

Amy said...

9 month clothes!!! Wowzers!! I may be able to help you in this dept. I'm sure that most of Jadon's "winter" clothes are the size that you need. We probably have lots of sleepers too. Are you subbing tomorrow (Thurs)?

The Breaux Family said...

Ohh my he is large and in charge! I love a healthy man......

Stacey said...

He's getting so big now! Where does the time go? I love the shirt, what a fun reminder of your silly games!

Stacey said...

Oh yeah, I want to know more about this bedtime routine. Jake is 16 months old and still not going to bed on his own. Tell me your secret ways oh wise one :o)

Hayley said...

Wow...that's so sweet!

Penny said...

Hey Kim

I love your blog! When I get back from Africa, I'm going to call you about taking photos of my family. I've seen your work (Darius & Nicole) and Amber praises you, too!