10.22.2008

...an ode...

Yesterday, my girlfriend, Jaime came over to borrow a book and drop off a Pack n' Play. Derrick and I kinda avoiding having to buy one...but with our upcoming trip, we were conflicted. Jaime graciously offered to let me borrow it until I needed...And that just got me thinking about all the stuff my girlfriends have let me borrow for my lil dude! It's been so helpful and such a blessing to not have to go out and buy something that your child will only use for a few months (especially, if like my kid, yours is growing at an incredible pace!)...

So. This is an ode to my bff's...

What would I do without you girls? It's been so bittersweet not working with you this year...I def. miss running to your classroom anytime someone did or said something hilarious...or to find out what the new team "drama" is of the week! Thank you so much for being in my life. Thank you for the support, love, advice, sanity, and baby gear! (Pictured: Jaime, Leslie- who gave birth to Brody 2 days later, Tiffany, and me... not all my BFF's of course) I'll never forget:

*walking to the Starbux at the Wigwam during our preps @ LES...
*countless dinners out @ Oregano's...
*Old Navy- will ALWAYS remind me of Les and Jaime...
*showers galore...
*loud screams...or laughs- you choose!...
*Tiffany's wild stories- (like- the musical cat that ate the string...or the mountain lion...or Oprah's favorite things...or "Hilary Rodham")
*game nights- we are too competitive for our own good...
*Starbucks- period.
*Sweet Tea from Sonic- which is totally why Jude is a fatkid!
*Cecil and lunch- and the creepiness factor
*"Seven"
*spray tans... oh my word...
*stealing Napodano's golf cart (from his bday cake) and taking pix of it at PF Changs...why are we so dorky?!
*Hayden, Elijah, Matti, Zoe, Lucy, Brody, and Tommy- They will always be like my own children...
*Becky, Tori, and Daisy- I will always think of them on the day they were born- and I will always be there to miss them w/ you...
*"DW"- I always knew, Jaime...I always knew...
*Christmas Ornaments- seriously though...can we start a new tradition...my tree is starting to get random! Maybe I should buy another tree...
*Love and Wii. If you've never experienced it...you've never experienced the Wii...
*JKPhotography...or "Faux"tography...we woulda been huge!
*Marc-ie Marc and his funky bunch- We kicked butt at every talent show...even if we only swayed back and forth and screeched out the lyrics... (What was that number for a job again?)
*when we exercised (all one time) in Leslie's classroom!!!! LOL
*Gina almost killing us during the treasure hunt...
*Jaime running- 15months pregnant w/ Zoe...and me w/ one shoe- in order to win the treasure hunt...
*Lorna and the Great Obstacle Race. Oh- my- word. Hilarious.
*Marc's interview. LOL.
*Auschwitz
*gosh...I could seriously go on and on and on...

I love you girls! Thanks for everything!

*Thank you also to Amy, Karen, and Jules for the hand-me-down clothes! And Rachael for the swing...You are awesome!

2 comments:

The Breaux Family said...

Ha ha ha I would have paid money to see you all exercise in Leslie's room! I am about to chock from the mental picture I have! I love it!

Jaime said...

Wow... love you! What is Auschwitz, besides the obvious? Should I know?