My baby girl is 2months old today. Seriously?! I was just thinking about the first day Derrick went back to work...I usually give Jude breakfast at 7:30am...and that particular day, Emme ALSO had to eat at 7:30am...I remember being overwhelmed...HOW was I going to be a mom to two babies all by myself??? And now...two months have passed...and we've all survived! Haha! I've gotten into a pretty good groove...and I've learned that it's ok to let one cry while I tend to the other! And...I've gotten pretty comfortable being out and about with the kids...although...staying at home is much MUCH easier! :)
We took Emme to her two month appointment. It's no surprise that I have a TALL baby! She measured 25in and weighed 13lbs even (putting her at the 95th percentile for weight and OFF the charts for height)...She's just a wee bit smaller than Jude was weight wise...but looks so much skinnier than he did at 2months! She's been such an amazing lil sleeper- getting in about 6-7ish hours each night! And her smiles are TO DIE for! Derrick and I are so blessed with our amazing family...
Things I've been loving about Emme:
* Her scowl...SUCH a diva...
* Her pouty lips...
* Her smile...
* Her eyes- they are so bright...
* Her coos- so girly!...
* Changing her shiny- she LOVES being on her changing pad and will smile and coo more there than anywhere else- so why WOULDN'T I love changing her shinytown?!
* Watching her watch Jude- she follows him around with her eyes...
* Watching her smile at Jude when he jabbers to her- my heart melts each and every time he stops what he's doing to rub her head or yell "ENNNY!" (which is what he calls her)
* Swaddles- Emme still LOVES to be swaddled...it cracks me up b/c Jude would NOT even think about it! But Em is so sweet all bundled up at night!
* Her accessories- Every princess needs a hairbow! And I always make sure to put one on her (but you'd be amazed how many people still ask if she's a girl- even w/ a humoungo bow on her head!) ...I've also put shoes on her more times than I EVER did w/ Jude before he could walk!...
* Her big brown eyes...they melt my heart...
I can truly say that I love my life...and I'm just so stinkin' blessed!
Emme,
You have brought our family so much joy and hilarity...I cannot tell you how much I love you and how much I have enjoyed getting to know you these past two months. We feel that our family is more complete having you in our lives and we thank God everyday for gift you are to us. I pray, sweet Emmegirl, that as you grow...you'll have a heart and passion to love others...that you will desire to be Godly...and live a life pleasing to Him.
I love you, princess...
-Momma
3.19.2010
...TWO...
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)





2 comments:
alright she makes Emma look like a midget. That is just crazy! I am glad you have gotten in to a great grove, I knew you could do it!
She's just to sweet Ms. Kim
She is such a doll Kim!! You did good!!
Post a Comment