Krystal Palmer is an angel from heaven. She is a nurse practitioner at Cactus Children's Clinic. My first experience at CCC was not a pleasant one (we had a different nurse)....I was hesitant going back...but Jude was having weight issues (he was only 4 days old) and Derrick and I decided to continue returning to CCC until his weight returned to when he was born. So at our second trip back, I was really nervous. In walks in this beautiful, bubbly, blond chicka who just instantly starts loving on my son...my brand new- fresh out of the oven boy. I instantly fell in love with her. Not only was she singing songs to my little guy, but she shot straight with me what I needed to do. She always made me feel like I was in control, and aware of the situation. We requested to see Krystal again the next day- Jude had regained a good amount of weight...and once again...Krystal was cheering, she was hugging us, high fiving us...she was on Team Jude, and we knew it.
7.17.2008
Ode to Krystal
We found out at Jude's 2 week check up that Krystal was leaving. Not just leaving CCC...which btw- we would have TOTALLY followed her where ever she went- but moving to Chicago!!! Oh. My. Word. I was so so so devastated! Last week was Jude's 2 month check up. We made sure we got to see Krystal for the last time- since tomorrow is her last day. I cannot even begin to express how thankful I am for this lady...I believe God sent her to me that second visit to calm my nerves- I had only been a mom for 5 days, after all! Jude, Derrick and I feel very blessed to have known her, even for a short while!
So...Thank you Krystal for:
* loving my boy- even if it is your job...
* empowering me...
* mentioning the birth announcement I sent you weeks earlier...
* knowing my kid w/0 looking at some chart...
* being on Team Jude
* your support for a nursing momma...
* your bubbly personality...
* your sincerity...
...I could go on and on and on....(but it's 11pm...and momma is tired...) :)
We wish you the best!
Dear Lord,
Thank you so much for bringing Krystal in our lives. I pray that she will be safe in her travels to Chicago. I pray that you will bless her and her career. Please help Derrick and I find someone else who is as loving and caring to see Jude...
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)





1 comments:
but why is Jude about the same width as Krystal though? That boy can EAT....you are absolutley doing the feeding thing R-I-G-H-T!!
Post a Comment