I'd like to think of myself as this tough chick...but I have to admit that I have a lot of fears....Besides my natural worries as a mother- I'm TOTALLY afraid of heights (ironic-eh?)... I can't pinpoint when in my life I decided this- but one day- I decided- I'm not going to let my fears hinder me from doing anything...for example- when I was 20, we went to St. Louis...and I had an opportunity to go up to the top of the Arch. At first I wasn't going to go...but then I thought- wow- what a waste if I don't- b/c who knows if I'll ever be back here for the chance! Now- don't get me wrong...I went up- and pretty much laid on the ground (at the top of the arch) b/c I was closer to the ground laying than standing!!!
Anywho- I'm in CO w/ PVC Youth- Derrick is leading worship... We went to do the Alpine Slides today...um...yeah- to go down the slide, you must go up a ski lift. ?! Well...I went. It was S-C-A-R-Y! Derrick pretty much made fun of me the entire way up- which was so not nice....my eyes were clamped shut almost the entire way up- which wouldn't have been too bad (and I may have considered doing it again) if the lift wouldn't have kept stopping once we were 1/2 way up! For a girl who has a hard time visualizing things when I'm decorating my house- sure had an easy time visualizing the lift crashing to the ground!!!
So...here are some pix of my adventure....
a creek...
the slide...
our shadow...
the lift...
the view from the top...
7.22.2008
Fears...
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)





7 comments:
great pics kim! looks like fun!
I have just one question...where is your child?
lol- he was w/ the youth pastor!
Oh man ....that would have been INCREDIBLE if you strapped him into one of those Moses thingies and slid with him!
P.S. need me to babysit anytime soon?
I'm glad you took the plunge... those slides were pretty fun!
Hey - Jay and David want to see ALL the pictures you took up there...
i still haven't looked at all the pix yet, myself! i will try to get them up tomorrow- when the judester is sleeping! :)
Post a Comment