#72 Stay at a nice resort in PHX- just to get away
Okay...this blog is WEEKS in the making...I've been waiting and waiting and waiting to write/post it b/c I needed to steal some pictures...this is what happens when the only camera you have is HUGE...so you don't bring one! Anywho.
I got to attend the 2nd Annual "Girl's Getaway" Weekend w/ my ladies. This is the FIRST time since having my babies that I've gone away...the first time that mama hasn't been there for 24 hours...the first time, really since we got MARRIED that I've been the one that has over-nighted somewhere other than home w/o my significant other!!! WHOOOHOOOO! ;)
Now. I'll be a lil honest. I was SUPER excited to getaway...I mean...a mama needs a break to recoop and get her priorities straight...but I wasn't so much excited about going...the night before, I even complained to Derrick that I wasn't so excited- I didn't think I'd have alot of fun...and despite how much I NEEDED to get away...I really really really didn't like the idea of my kids and I being apart! :(
Can I just tell you, though...I'm SO glad I went! I had such a blast! I mean...it's not like we did a whole whole lot...considering I was gone LITERALLY 24 hours...but it was nice to be child-free and worry about no one but myself! I was actually kinda sad that it ended so soon- and look forward to a TWO day getaway next year (right, Karen?!)
...So...what all did we do??? Well...Jaime and I got together on Saturday for some pedis, lunch, and shopping...then we got to the hotel long enough to cry over Emme's 6mo pix (that I picked up on the way), change, and go to dinner. We had a nice and loud (heehee) dinner at Maggiano's followed by dessert. Kerry and I were dropped off at the hotel while the other gals partied it up in the parking lot of ...hmmm...Devil's Martini?? Martini Ranch?? Ooooh, I don't remember- but they didn't actually make it in b/c the parking lot was full...and they are old ladies and didn't wanna walk! LOL! We played some games back in the room before finally crashing at like 1somethingam... Sadly...I didn't sleep in like I was so looking forward to (I mean...no kids to cry and wake you up!?! Come ON!)...but got up around 7:45am...got ready and met up w/ the gang for "breakfast" at the hotel...then we sat around talking in our cabana (which was no bigger than my foot)...I went down the lazy river w/ Karen a few times before needing to check out...annnnd that is pretty.much.it. LOL! Wow. Doesn't sound so "fun" when I recount my memories that way...w/o all the crazy (no...really- it was crazy) details! But it really was an enjoyable time...Jaime and I left and grabbed some lunch and hit up Costco before heading home...I LOVED coming home and seeing the look on Jude's face..."Hoooooolllleyou!!!!!" he said to me...and I held him for what seemed like an eternity! It's nice being missed!!!! :)
Things I'll NEVER forget:
* FREEDOM...
* pedicures...w/ white people...who we STILL couldn't understand!!!
* shoe shopping w/ Jaime...no really...I'm eyeballing an intervention here soon!...
* H&M vs. HH ...there is a BIG difference LOL!
* "the jug"
* uncorking the champagne (which is hilarious...since I don't drink...)
* SPANX!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
* hair accessories...
* Maggiano parking...I rode shotgun...and a couple of times...I was CERTAIN Karen was going to run someone over! LOL!
* "bye, Buddy...hope you find your dad!"
* "the dress"
* FIFTEEN times...
* other...not so quiet "girl" talk...
* Kerry's greenbean salad... laugh.out.loud. "Is that all you're eating?!"
* the lasagna debacle!
* standing up for myself...and not "going out"...b/c I'm really not a goingoutkinda girl!
* playing games...and losing (I HATE losing!)
* Catch Phrase... the word: "black"... my clue: "Love is...." I miss me some Love Breaux... :( my first and favorite black thing that popped in my head! :( I hate Japan!
* ooooooh that SONG! "dooodoodoona heyyyyy na dooodoodoona heyyyyy uhhh huh!" LOL! (Jaime and I heard it while paying for our pedicures...didn't know the song or who sang it and we were trying to "Shazam" it on my phone...but people were talking to much...so we "sang" it to the gals to see if they knew what it was...and they didn't. Heard it on the radio a couple weeks later... It's by Pearl Jam. Pearl Jam?! Are they still around?!)
* giggling at 1am in bed in the dark b/c that song is STILL in my head!
* Jaime...the chipmunk (idk...but those were some STRANGE teeth noises!)
* Kim...the snorer...to my defense...I warned them this might happen!
* the breakfast that ruined my life...the espresso machine was broken.... :(
* the cabanas...laugh.out.loud.
* celebrity gossip
* the iTouch that died after one song...
* the lazy river...
* getting rid of "evidence" of our shopping trip
* the OG...MMMmmmm...
I'm sure I'm forgetting something...but the list is long enough, right?! :) Such a fun time...can't wait for next year!!! :)
My BFF, Jaime
The Girlies
The Lester

8.02.2010
...when mom's away...
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)





2 comments:
1. IT'S ABOUT TIME YOU BLOGGED AGAIN! I mean I have missed you!
2. LOL! I love being BLACK too!! ha ha ha
3. I can't believe you lost at a game!
4. I am depressed that you guys have sooooo much fun without me!!!! ARGHHHHHHH!
WOW....so much funn!!! I am so glad you got to have some recoup time! All of us mammas need it! I love that pic of you and jaime....so cute!
Post a Comment