Did my very first bridal expo today. Wow. Are my legs killing me! I've got to give mad props to my partner Beth and her husband Ian. Ian blew my socks off w/ his mad/crazy/awesome carpentry skills- and his ability to network w/ people. Beth was WAY more with it than I was- super blessed to have her as a partner! My apologies to Beth that I wasn't nearly as outgoing as I coulda/shoulda been- think I was a little more overwhelmed than I thought I'd be!
Here are some things I learned today- and some highlights and hilarity:
* Having your booth next to the "Pole Divas" is qual-i-ty...if you ever wanna know how to pole dance...you'll have to google their name (wait- did I just give them business?!)
* Saw "Elton John" today- there were many freaks there in glorious outfits. Glorious.
* Bridzilla is not a joke. If you bring your entourage w/ you wearing matching hotpink bridal shirts...you mean business!
* I learned today that some of my work is "not for us" LOL!
* Our booth was located next to several people I know/know of- THAT was interesting- right Derrick??? :D
* Almost had to roundhouse kick an LA Fitness dood. Well...I guess we DID steal his booth...the DJ did it, I swear!
* Even trashy people get married. (I would know- seems to be the only types of weddings I've shot so far pre-dolce!)
* People who turn down an opportunity for something FREE...are freaks.
* Did I mention the pole dancing booth? Oh yeah- there were some demonstrations- THAT was quality. It was super funny watching everyone else watch them...in horror.
* What was NOT funny was the quantity of people (young...and not so young) who were all KINDS of excited for the pole dancing booth...they even posed for pictures on the pole- yes- they brought a pole.
* After standing for 500 hours, and carrying 500lbs of stuff to the car....out of the expo- across the street to the parking garage...you reeeeeeeaaaaallly don't wanna mess w/ Beth and I! We get cranky! ;)
I sure did miss my little lovebucket today though. Thought I was going to burst. I did pretty good...even seeing little babies...until I asked one lady how old her little girl was...and she told me that she would be a month tomorrow. That's when I became overwhelmed with sadness and missed my Judy Moody like crazy. From that moment on, it ripped my heart out to see a little baby. I drove home wicked fast to see my two boys. Sobbed when I finally got to hold my lil' love...so glad I'm going to be an at home mommy!
6.08.2008
dolce
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)





3 comments:
What surprised me even more is that Kim knows the people from the pole dancing booth!
...it's true...i'll admit it. :) you'll have to ask!
Why don't you just say it?! Your booth was next a booth owned by a mom of a girl I dated a few times. What of it?!
I married the hotter Korean ;)
Post a Comment