6.17.2008

judeatude...and yes, another ode...

I have been so busy blogging about randomness that I realized I haven't done a Judderbug update in a while... Oh, Jude. How you make your mommy crazy some times! Especially at 4am! Jude has been doing SO good. We have had many many many great days. Yesterday was not one of those days. Not that it was a horrible day...just a fussy day. It's funny b/c now that I'm reflecting back on it...it's mostly my fault. I always compare things in life to teaching...for example...whenever your class is acting up, you really have to look at what you as a teacher are/aren't doing...and usually, you'll find the cause...and yesterday, mommy just wasn't all there... Poor Judy Moody! The worst part for me is in the middle of the night- when Jude's fussy then, mommy has 0 patience- well...I have a little more than 0...a little. I'm SO not a morning person!

Anywho- I've finally got him on a schedule. Babywise style. I'm not a nazi about it...but I feed him every 3 hours, we play and read and sing and dance, and then when he fusses, I put him down for a nap (in the cosleeper). Most days I can just rock him for a wee bit and then put him right down. Other times, he's more high maintenance and needs me to rock him longer and pat his lil' tooshie. (I love that tush by the way!!!) I still cannot believe he's my son. I have a son!!! I hope that feeling never goes away. I hope I don't take for granted the blessing he is to me.

One of my most favorite moments....and don't judge me!...is when we cuddle in bed together. Sometimes if his feeding lands at 5:30am...I just want a liiiiittle more sleep before saying goodmorning to the world...but Jude usually is ready to get rollin' w/ his day...so I'll lay him down next to me- he falls alseep, everytime! Oh how I love those moments...so after about
45minsish, I'll wake up and he's just sooo smooshie and cuddly next to me. Now- I know it's not "safe" to have your baby sleep next to you...but I'm a very light sleeper and I'm not so much concerned about rolling over him...but, I am aware of the "no-no" of it- thus the "don't judge me" comment. :) I mean seriously...look at how stinkin' cute he is...this is what I wake up to laying next to me!!!

Photobucket

Anywho- My new ode today...is acutally from last night. I went out to dinner w/ my girlfriends last night. We have this tradition of going to Oregano's in Snobbsdale and feasting together while gabbing the night away (which usually consists of us listening intently to Tiffany- she's a great story teller!!!). Anywho. We get the same thing EVERY time. Which is all kinds of humorous...b/c we still open up the menu and read it over!!! We start our meal off w/ Oregano's Favorite Salad- large of course...just for Lester. Then we move on to our meal: Pizza and Zany Ziti. And who can forget the Chocolate Chip Pazooki (or Oregano's Original Pizza Cookie) dessert. It was a very bittersweet evening. 1. b/c I had to leave my Judemonster at home...but he was in good hands w/ daddy and 2. b/c our Tiffany is moving to Oregon on Saturday. Our Oregano's trips will be missing one person. And that's just sad. Now. You'd think w/ the tangent I just went on about Oregano's and the girls, that this ode would be dedicated to something related to said tangent. Not so much. It was just a tangent. A typical Kim moment. :) (Gotta love me!) I shall ode them later- goodness knows they deserve it! (ps- in the picture- it's Jaime, Leslie, big fat me- which you can ignore, and Tiff) So...on my way home from Oregano's...I was at a red light...and crossing the intersection (going the other way) was this car going incredibly slow. A chick gets out and starts pushing her car...poor lady....and she's not doing such a great job. Well...I'm at a red light- I can't really do anything...then out of the blue- literally- two cars pull over, jump out, and help this girl/lady push her car. My heart was filled w/ pride for these nice citizens. So. My ode is to good citizens of the world. I appreciate you. I am thankful when:

* you let me in when I signal
* you put your shopping cart in the shopping cart holder- and not next to my car or in an empty parking space (although- I am guilty of doing this since Jude's been born- I can't just LEAVE him in the car while I go searching for those darn things!)
* you open the door for others
* you say excuse me when you cut in front of them as they are looking at something in the aisle
* you smile and make pleasant conversation
* and when you "get it" that I may not want to conversate back
* you aww at my kid and hold the door for me as I struggle to get the STUPID stroller through the door

If you're a good citizen out there- thank you. This ode's for you!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Jude is a stud. I just want to hug him! Sounds like being a mom is going great! :)

Jaime said...

He looks so cute sleeping! I love when they get all smooshed up.

Anonymous said...

Oh I LOL when you said don't judge me! I would love to cuddle up next to him and the "ONE" dimple too:)