Happy Father's Day to all those daddy's out there. This ode is to dads. Specifically, two dad's in my life...
My dad. He's always been my knight in shining armor. My entire life, he has been there to listen to my rants and raves, my ups and downs. And he's always listened with his boxing gloves on...ready to kick butt if necessary. I remember once after I became a teacher, my dad informed me that he was one of "those" parents- you know- the one who goes and talks to the principal...every single year! He told me that he wanted the principal to know who I was...and know not to mess w/ me! LOL. (Hard to believe for some of you...but I was like THE model student- so there really was no need for the threat!) My dad has always been my main man...well, until Derrick came along. I even used to say that I was going to marry my dad (um. I was like 3!) So..shout out to my daddy. I love you. Thank you for...* letting me ride on your back like a pony when I was little...
* teaching me how to bowl and play darts...
* being objective when I would have some ridiculous drama in my life...
* taking me on McDonald's dates after school...
* playing Mario Bros w/ me...
* teaching me how to change my oil, and my brake pads when I got older...
* letting me play w/ your tools when I was younger...
* teaching me how to ride my bike...and kissing my owies when I biffed it...
* teaching me how to ride my bike...and kissing my owies when I biffed it...
* giving me sound advice...
* praying for me and my family...
* walking me down the aisle...
* loving me $2 and letting me be your SPPP
* inspiring me to read the Word and be closer to Christ...
DLo. Don't know if you all know this...but Derrick is the "Baby Whisperer"...whenever Jude is
crying, and I can't console him...Derrick walks in and saves the day. Really comes in handy! Derrick is such a great daddy. He gets so excited to see our little Judderbug when he gets home. He wakes up in the middle of the night with me to warm Jude's bottle. I am so blessed to be married to him...Jude's daddy. Thank you for...
crying, and I can't console him...Derrick walks in and saves the day. Really comes in handy! Derrick is such a great daddy. He gets so excited to see our little Judderbug when he gets home. He wakes up in the middle of the night with me to warm Jude's bottle. I am so blessed to be married to him...Jude's daddy. Thank you for...* changing diapers, even the poopy ones- even in public restrooms...
* reading the Word to him...
* hugging and kissing him and letting him know that you're there for him...
* always carrying the carseat when we go places (that thing is HEAVY!)
* driving carefully when we have precious cargo...
* checking on him in the mirror when driving...
* getting excited when the little things happen- like when he gives manly burps...
* doing late night feedings for me...when I need a little more sleep...
* parenting with me...I couldn't do it without you...






0 comments:
Post a Comment