6.11.2008

Fortune

So...when Derrick and I first started dating...waaaaay back in 1998...he refused to eat Chinese food. It was sadtimes people. I remember one day when we were like 19, I pretty much begged him to get "takeout" w/ me. I promised to watch Titanic w/ him (a movie I don't particularly like) if he would indulge me- I thought takeout and a movie would be a cute date. So. He totally went for it. Would have been a romantic time- except that his brother, Jerrod, came home from work (@ Fazoli's) reeking of garlic and decided to watch the movie w/ us...which watching the movie w/ us turned out to be napping on the couch w/ us- and if any of you know Jerrod- he snores...LOUD! Ahhh- memories.

Ok- that was a tangent- So. Chinese food. I'd like to think that my brilliant date idea is what got Derrick to start eating Chinese food. But- now he's addicted. Poor guy. I wouldn't eat Chinese food when I was pregnant. He went through withdrawals. Since Jude's been born, I'm pretty sure Derrick has had Chinese food a dozen times.... You know- each time you get takeout, you get a ton of fortune cookies. These usually always end up piling up in our house, until I finally can't take it anymore and throw them away. I mean- they're yummy and all- but I can't possibly eat that many!!!

So today I decided to eat one. It's been in the tray on the ottoman for a week. I wanted to discard of it- and what better place than in my belly. This is what my fortune read:

Even the greatest of whales is helpless in the middle of a desert.

I. Feel. Enlightened. LOL!!!

Ahhh- those Asians!

0 comments: