Oh my goodness. Did I have a fun day today. Jude and I met up this morning w/ one of my BFF's, Jaime and her daughter, Zoe. We trekked across town to IKEA for some fun and cheap schtuff. Then after some lunch at McDonald's...we went to Hobby Lobby (probably one of my favorite stores!) and did some major damage! -pix of Jude's new room decor to come...gotta paint first :) - It was so cute to hear her little 2 1/2 year old say "Baby Jude". She was such a good little helper- pushing the stroller or giving Jude his binkerdoodle or letting me know if he was alseep or awake. I especially enjoyed hearing Zoe's laugh when she would tell her mom to "leave her" and I would chase them as Jaime ran away w/ Zozo in the cart. :)
So this got me thinking about my blog and my odes...I decided to make my first ode to Jaime.
Jaime is such an unbelievably smart person. She brings so much wisdom and insight to the table. She is so strong and she knows/loves Christ. I love Jaime's ability to lay things straight- she gives her honest opinion. She is a true friend. I cannot express how blessed I am to have Jaime as a friend. I learn so much from being around her (and Leslie, of course). I've known Jaime for about 6 1/2 years. I still remember the first time I met Jaime. It was the summer of 2002. I had just accepted the position of 4th grade teacher at Litchfield Elementary School. I was SO stoked to get my keys and see my room. You cannot imagine the horror on my face when I walked in...and saw that the teacher that had the room prior to me loved cows. I mean LOVED cows- to the point that the shelves were painted white w/ black cow spots. Yucky. So...I found the Principal's Secretary to BEG her to let me repaint the shelves...I told her that the cow-y-ness "hurt my soul"...Jaime was there- waiting to get her keys or something. At the time, I had no idea that she was also a 4th grade teacher. She later told me that she went home and told her then boyfriend that she met this big tall girl that said the shelves hurt her soul... LOL.
7 years is a long time to know someone...we've had a ton of memories together. Here are just a short few that I enjoy:
* DW. Do you remember? LOL- don't know why this is the first thing that popped in my head!
* Our long preps at LES- I went w/ you all over- to different places you were thinking about for your wedding to Petsmart to get crickets for all your nasty reptiles!
* When your snake got loose over the weekend- yipes!
* Geocaching.
* When you were preggo w/ Zoe and you yelled at me b/c I wouldn't change the FAT schedule! LOLOL
* Lunches w/ the 1st grade team and our dates at WOW!
* Debating and changing our minds a million times to move to DS.
* 5. 5, 4. 2. 7. 7, 2, 4. 5. 7, 2, 5. 7. 7. *seven*
* Holes in our pants.
* Starbucks. Lots and lots of it.
* Hayden- from wearing those shoes at the fire drill, to drawing on your whiteboard, to talking about Tiffany's big yellow teeth- LOLOL!
* Easter gifts!
Oh man...I could go on and on! I love you Jaimers. Phil 1:3
6.10.2008
Ode to Jaime
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)





1 comments:
OMG... I love it! Kim you are a goddess! I remember all those things and was laughing so hard I had tears. What memories. Ahh... good times.
Post a Comment