6.02.2008

My lil' loverbucket

Can I just tell you all how much I am in love with my boys? It's still funny for me to say that...my boys. I have a son! What?! Outrageous! I would love to sit here and verbally throwup all my thoughts...but seeing as Derrick is feeding Jude...and it's 11:10pm...and we need to sleep here soon...I just thought I'd do a little update.

Things I love about Jude:
* His Popeye face he makes when he's searching for food
* Cuddling at 5am- to make him go to sleep
* His smell- even the stinky one...
* His soft hair
* When he randomly "smiles"
* That he'll still latch on...even though nothing's coming out (sorry to the boys reading...er)
* His little sneeze
* When he responds to daddy's voice when he's home from work
* When he appears to be listening when I'm talking
* When he passes out to listening to me talk!!! lol
* How he puts his fist up to his face when he's eating...like he's thinking about something
* How much he enjoys bath time

oh...I could go on and on...

You know...they say that you fall in love w/ your spouse all over again when you have a kid. I did when I found out I was pregnant. I was waiting for that moment again when Jude was born. I couldn't believe how much more I could love Derrick by watching him w/ our son. He's such a good dad. He's an even better husband. I don't know that I could do this without him. I'm so thankful that he was able to spend the first 2 weeks off w/ me. He took such good care of us- (even when he was playing Mario Kart for hours a day!!!) ;)

Things I love about Derrick:
* He'll drop everything he's doing to help me out
* He believes in me and reassures me when I don't believe in myself
* When he's talking to Jude and says "Yes!" (you just have to hear it...it's wicked cute)
* That he'll change poopy diapers- reluctantly. LOL
* That he'll wake up at 1am just to keep me company
* His patience
* How much he loves his son

...oy...I'd better stop before I start crying. I'd like to keep that at a minimal tonight! :)

Writing this blog makes me think of the Grays. I'm so excited for Heidi to experience all these emotions with Harrison and Michael. I can't wait for them to get back from Utah so that Jude and Harry can meet! Oy. I'd better stop talking about that too- b/c that is a surefire way to get me cryin'! (We're prayin' for you, Grays!)

Anywho- gotta go- Derrick is waiting w/ Jude at the changing table. It's a stinker- and thus mom needs to come to the rescue!

Before I go...Anyone have advice on Jude's fussy time? From like...5:30pm-8pm?! He's not dirty. He's not hungry. But man can he scream and cry! (This is a new occurence- and I'd love for it to stop!)

1 comments:

The Orona Family said...

I wish I could help, but we are dealing with the same thing with Sofia- at the exact same time! What is up with that? Last night we finally just swaddled the munchkin and put her in bed. We knew there was nothing wrong. She cried a bit. We went in 2 or three times to calm her down and then she crashed. Don't know if that will work again tonight, but we're sure gonna try it. The crazy thing is that in a week or so, it will probably all change. That's the beauty of parenthood. Just when you think you figure something out, they change it up on you. Hugs! We'll be thinking of you at dinner time. Know that we are doing the same thing in Arkansas!!!