Awwww. DLo has been home for almost a full week! It has been...bliss. We've been being all smooshie...and Jude, for one, has LOVED having his daddy home! The kid seriously smiles/laughs ALL day long! So...what have we done so far? A whole lot of nothing! Okay- not true, not true. After the craziness of 5 family Christmas events...we...rested...DLo had a "guys night"...went to The Refinery (CCV Goodyear) to hear DLo's dad preach...went to dinner to celebrate my daddy's 69th bday...and...went on a family field trip!
It's not as exciting as it sounds...well...it was for us...but probably not for all of you! Derrick and I took Jude to Old Navy and then Toys R Us. It's not like it's the first time we've taken him shopping...but- the older he gets, the less patient he is...you get the idea. It's not something we do often. Anywho. We had so much fun at TRU. Derrick and I had decided to spend the money that Grandma and Grandpa Logan sent on spoiling Jude...We roamed each and every aisle, deciding what we could blow our cash on. Derrick's suggestion of the pony that actually walks was DE-nied....so we pressed on....We DID find what we're gunna get Jude for his 1st bday...which was kinda sad b/c it's coming so quickly...but we couldn't really find any one big thing to get for our lil guy. Until. So...Derrick and I are like 2 year olds. We like to "test" the toys out if at all possible. So...if we see a big cage of basketballs...we will not hesitate to take one out and bounce it. ...Apparently, Jude LOVES this! He would not stop cracking up as DLo bounced the ball or threw it up in the air! It. Was. Fantastic. Now. The boy may not look much like me...but MAN does he LAUGH LOUD like me! If it weren't so STINKIN' cute...I may have gotten slightly embarrassed at the sheer volume of his laughter! :D The best part...I mean....you see this unbelievably gorgeous (I'm not biased) baby...and...he's just laughing his little heart out as his daddy plays w/ him... you'd think people would stop and have an "awwww" moment. LOL. Nope. People seriously pretended like we weren't even there! No reaction!!! No smiles of "how cute"- no scowls of annoyance- no acknowledgment whatsoever. It was pretty funny! Maybe they were intimidated by how AWESOME my family is? Hmmm....I'm gunna stick w/ that idea! ;)
Anywho- Here is a video of Jude laughing at his papa...and then one of DLo and his madcrazy skateboarding (or something- not sure what the heck it was) skillz (please disregard the shakiness in the latter video- I could NOT contain my laughter...and...I apologize in advance for Derrick's wretched shirt- video killed the radio star...):
We've also been having Disney Movie Marathons. You see. We LOVE all things Disney (well- with the exception of Miley Cyrus)...and...I own pretty much ALL the Disney Animated Classics on either DVD or VHS...and we've always talked about watching ALL of them, but we never do...so...we started this week- We've already done: Sleeping Beauty, Lady and the Tramp, Lady and the Tramp2, Sword in the Stone (Dlo's FAVORITE- it was quite annoying listening to him quote all the lines), and tonight- Robin Hood (well, except DLo fell asleep 1/2 way through it- so I stopped to blog!). We'll see if we can keep it up!
Also- in Jude news...Can I just reiterate how stinkin' cute he is??? I'm so blessed to stay at home w/ him. I always put him through "boot camp"...first it was to roll over...then it was to say "hi" or "bye" (wave, rather)...and then it was to clap his feet...and his hands. He didn't quite get the concept of clapping his hands- and I'm not sure when he's supposed to reach that particular milestone (I know, I know- all kids are different)...but he LOVES it when I clap his hands for him. Well. Today, Derrick (of course it was for his daddy!) started clapping at Jude for some reason...and he TOTALLY clapped back. Oh it was so sweet! We just cheered and clapped even harder! Poor boy didn't know what all the ruckus was about, but he just kept on clapping! We also noticed...that if you are in a different room- but within earshot- and start clapping...Jude will clap back- even though he can't see you!!! Is my kid a genius or what?! (Well...it's what my mom always says- just imagine in an asian voice- ooooh coowalll- he-jah gee-nee-us-ah!) :)





3 comments:
I think little Jude is amazing! Loved the video of him cracking up at Dad. Maybe he was laughing more at the shirt than the ball bouncing?
I don't think DLo should take up skateboarding anytime soon! Just a thought :o)
I'm thinking you're right about Jude laughing at the shirt! And...I am tempted to get him that skateboard...just so I can post more videos of him in all his hilarity!
OMG... I totally got tears while laughing at Derrick. Hilarious!
Post a Comment