So. Derrick and I have talked about going to the Grand Canyon for a few years now...and what better time to go then when you have a baby, right?! (insert sarcasm here) But our lil' guy is so awesome...we knew it would be a fun trip! After 3.5 hours of driving north...we finally arrived! Jude did a pretty good job on the way up...he slept for part of it, played for part of it...then got bored! Mommy had to climb in the back seat and entertain him...which didn't last long....Jude finally fell asleep rubbing my hair- which meant that not only was I squished in the middle seat next to his ginormous carseat...but my neck was contorted so he had full access to my hair...superduper! :) (Anything for my boy!) Anywho....it was pretty cold up there...but we were all bundled up! It wouldn't have been bad, except it was SUPER windy...and Jude's face was super cold! We looked at the big hole in the ground...and walked around to see it from different view points...went to the visitor center to find the skywalk (which we learned isn't apart of the Grand Canyon National Park- but part of the GC in Vegas?! something like that...)...looked at the hole some more...laughed at all the asians (wait, I think only I laughed at them...ahhh- my people)...took some pictures...and after about an hour- got in the car to come home! :) I could have thought it was a wasted trip...we def- would have walked around and maybe even hiked some if we didn't have the Judester...but I didn't consider it wasted at all. I had so much fun w/ my two guys! And I love that we were spontaneous! We stopped by Flag on the way back for some yummy OG and then on home. Left at 11:50am. Home by 9:30pm. Awesomeness!
Here are some pix of our adventure:




12.04.2008
...GC...
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)





0 comments:
Post a Comment