So. Derrick, Jude and I went to Wickenburg today to play w/ Tori (DLo's baby sister), Kevin and Aryanna. Tori has been a best friend and sister to me loooooong before Derrick and I were even engaged. As a matter of fact....whenever Derrick and I were "on a break"...Tori was the one who would accompany me to Ramiros to talk smack about her brother! :) Gotta love a girl who will trash her brother to cheer up his ex-girlfriend/her bff! :D
Anywho- Tori's hubby works in Wickenburg (since like August)...and so...now they live a zillion miles away from us....so we haven't gotten to spend as much time together as we would all like...which kills us b/c Derrick and Kevin are great friends too- and I swear, Kevin is the brother I never had! Something about being the "inlaws"...whenever the Logan posse is together....I know I can count on one quick glance at Kevin to send me into hysterics! (No, seriously....it. is. comedy!)
Anyways- It was a pretty quick trip...w/ fantastic scenery- I especially enjoyed the 20 saloons we passed!!! They were so sweet to make us yummy breakfast...then we put the kiddos down and talked (which usually consists of laughing at Derrick and/or wrestling)...then we busted out w/ the game Canasta. Now. I've owned this game for maybe...3 years? I dunno. We all like to play games alot...so I've brought this game to family functions NUMEROUS times...but we NEVER play it! So one year...literally, it was like a year or so ago...Kevin went ahead and opened the box to read the instructions (no one had ever played it before)...that was pretty much as far as it went...so today- TODAY- we FINALLY decided to play the game (the cards were still in the wrapper!!!)....Tori and I DOMINATED...but the game had to be put on hold b/c Kevin had to go to work ("Stop, in the name of the law!")... but not before we ate some yummy homemade tamales! Derrick and I had so so so much fun. It was nice to be w/ family...and also to see my sweet lil' Princess Ary! It had been too long- and recently when the family was together, I feared that she didn't know who I was b/c she wouldn't hug me!!! But after swinging w/ her and singing "Rockabye Ary!"...her and I are BFFs once again!!! (It was so sweet to see her come run and jump into my lap any chance she got! I loved it!) Aryanna and Jude also had fun sharing each others toys! Ary's got some pretty cool flashy things that Jude LOVED to munch on! :) And Jude has a cool Elmo phone that Ary was totally diggin! It was too sweet! (see video below!)
Anywho... So...
Tori, I love you so much! We have been through so much over the past 10 years....some of which I will not post b/c we would BOTH spontaneously combust! But...I will always remember (and laugh at):
*birds...
*when I jumped on your bed as you were waking up...
*softball Sundays...
*megan, megan, megan, megan...
*baking on Thanksgiving...
*your green car that had that AWFUL smell...
*"ohmygah white car!!!!" or "ohmygah, i'm outta gas!!!"
*our analyzation of all the kissing styles... LOLOLOLOL
*when my dad "spanked" me...in front of you...when I was like 22!!!! LOL (that. was. awesome)
*my mom's relationship advice...
*prom w/ kurtis... LOL
*our "boys suck" night w/ Jenet...and the "boys suck" scrapbook! (who has that btw?!)
*everytime you wrestle w/ Derrick...and then he gets butthurt! LOL
*"TORI!" (you know you can hear it in your head!)
*the first time I played Rook...and needed instructions...
*Spiderman 2...w/ Pratt...and playing Truth or Dare at Starbux...and that chick who was hitting on me...and the stolen mini-mug....and the drunk guys at the gas station who lived at "the apartments"...
*Hoochie shirts! LOLOLOLOL
*when you were w/ me the entire 13 hours I was in labor w/ Jude :) (I love you!)
And Kevin...seriously. I thank God everyday that you chose to be Tori's boyfriend all those years ago! You two are a perfect match (you and Derrick, I mean... j/k)!!! I'm glad that I have someone else who makes fun of ALL the awesome events in the Logan clan! It's superb! (Now if we can get Niki to join the darkside!!!) I'll never forget:
*"Kevin, you like that rap music?!"
*the chick from Jerrod's wedding w/ her arm on her hip!!!! LOLOLOL
*Awesome God by Rich Mullins
*Derrick. Logan. It is quite fantastic just HOW many times we can laugh at him!
*Thanksgiving 2008- the noise. was. incredible.
*Ary's meconium explosion....Sometimes...I still have nightmares...
*rental car shuttle stops...
*"Carpe Diem....." and "Flavaaaa Flaaaaaaaave!"
Um. I may need to stop there...b/c I'm laughing to hard to type....and I may wake up the boy! LOLOLOL.
Awww. I love you guys! :)
12.05.2008
...giddeyup- another ode...
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)





0 comments:
Post a Comment