My baby boy is SEVEN months old today. What in the world!?!? He's not a newborn anymore...well- I guess he hasn't been for a while...but it's official- he's on his way downhill- down the "I'm turning ONE" hill! Sigh! I think back to this time last year- and I was just so excited for all the fun preggo milestones like feeling him/her move and finally getting big and fat! As a matter of fact- it was a year ago this coming Friday that I had my BIG ultrasound- meaning I was 18 weeks- the one where Derrick and I decided not to find out (but took a sealed ultrasound picture home that disclosed Jude's gender)... Wow. And now- I have this HUGE kid. :( Who has the magic remote control to stop time???? And, can I PLEASE borrow it???
12.08.2008
...seven...
I'm very excited for Jude to conquer upcoming milestones....but mostly....I'm trying to savor every single second of now...b/c it's just flying by! Let's see...now Jude can:
*wave byebye (although he's selective on who he'll do it to- disclaimer much?)
*give momma love (he'll put his head on my chest when I say that...not every time though, unfortunately)
*roll over...
*act like a true "fatkid" and smack his lips whenever mom or dad is eating...
*drink from a sippy cup- even w/ the no-spill thing in!
*hold his own bottle/sippy- although, he'll only play w/ it, not drink from it! :P
*dance (not really, but he'll bop up and down)
*shake his head "no"...
*reach for you when he wants to be picked up...
It's funny how when I sit down to write these- my mind goes blank...even when I tell myself NOT to forget them when they're happening! And then I can't remember if I've already written about them...LOL. Anywho- Derrick and I just fall more and more in love w/ him- every day...we're so blessed....
Dear Jude,
You bring me so much joy...I cannot express to you how much your dad and I love you. We feel so blessed to be able to watch you grow...to watch you learn. Everyday that I get to stay home with you is unforgettable...I love cuddling with you and having you rip my lips off w/ your too powerful hands...I love watching Baby Einstein w/ you and waving at the other lil babies on the TV...I love swinging you around and singing Sean Paul w/ you...I love watching your entire face brighten when you realize that your daddy's home...I love when you yell at me that I'm not feeding you fast enough...I treasure these moments. Son, I pray that as you grow older, so will your passion for the Lord... I pray that you will do great things in life... I pray that you will grow to be a strong man of God...that you will be a wonderful husband (well, I don't pray for you to leave me one day...but...)...and a terrific father.... I hope that you never forget that your mommy and daddy love you so so much- and we will always be here for you.
We love you, son.
-Mommy
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)





2 comments:
love the jammies!
I've been looking for adult-sized jammies like that!
Post a Comment