6.22.2010

...ccv...

Well. It's been about a month since Derrick accepted a position at Christ's Church of the Valley. It has been an interesting month! I guess I should start off this blog by saying...God's timing is perfect. Now. We might not understand what He's doing sometimes...but I know that He takes care of us. That's so reassuring. :)

The whole thing happened super fast. One week we're PVCers...the next...we're not! It was a very hard thing to comprehend and very bittersweet. On one hand- it was super exciting going back to CCV...but on the other...we invested 3.5 years at PVC...and grew to love it...and the people. It was home. There are so many awesome things going on at Palm Valley...and it was and is sad to know that we weren't going to be a part of it. Our decision to accept CCV's offer was not easy by any means...and I became frustrated when people would say "you must be SO excited to go back!" b/c...I mean, yes it is...but NO- my heart was so torn! Ultimately...Derrick and I both felt that God was leading us to CCV.

The first couple of weeks at CCV was hard for me. Harder than I let Derrick know. It was especially difficult b/c I felt that there was no closure at PVC- there was no announcement...there were no goodbyes (other than Derrick's volunteers). Now...don't get me wrong!!! I TOTALLY understand why there wasn't an announcement- you see- DLo's last week at Palm Valley was also Palm Valley's last weekend being a portable church! (See what I mean about God's timing?!)...so naturally- it was a weekend of celebration! ...and telling the church that Derrick was leaving might not have felt quite celebratory (I have my own opinions about that whole thing...but I'll leave that for myself)...Derrick lead worship the second weekend we were at CCV. That also happened to be the first weekend that PVC was in their new building. (So exciting!!!!!!) I was SO close to going to PVC just to be a part of it all! (and cried buckets looking at the pictures that Cameron Smith shot! So stinkin' exciting!)

Anywho. I can't quite believe it's been a month! It's been pretty awesome. Derrick is SO happy and that makes me happy. Everyone (PVC and CCV alike) have been fabulous and so supportive! It's really fun getting to worship with Derrick's family...we don't see enough of them! and I'm pretty sure Jude is going to know the ins&outs/nooks&cranny's of the place before too long- we spend each Saturday after service eating dinner w/ the family...and Jude usually runs like a banshee from one end of campus to the other! LOL! I REALLY miss worshipping with my dad. That's the biggest thing that hurts my heart... but I'm having a good time...and look forward to meeting more CCVers and DLo's coworkers! :) I know in time, it will feel like home again for me! :)


Thank you to Palm Valley Church for giving DLo the opportunity to serve you. Thank you for challenging him and growing us as a family. I will always look back fondly at my time with you... :)

1 comments:

Kathleen said...

Just had to comment on this one, Kim. I know so many people at PVC that love Derrick, and that's not going to change! You and the kiddos were a bonus, and they're going to miss you too.

Many years ago I left an employer I'd been with for ten years. I wasn't sure I'd ever get over it, or that there'd ever be a work or life experience to equal it. Nothing could have been further from the truth. At every turn (even as a senior now), God serves up the richest of adventures.

This I know: With the Lord, the best is ALWAYS yet to come. And for people as devoted to him as you are, that's ALWAYS in the proverbial "now".

His abundant blessings on your entire family & ministry.

Hugs,
Kathleen