6.19.2010

...five...

Yup. Lil Miss Em is five months old! Is it just me...or is she growing up WAY too fast?! I mean...really? I feel like I just had her! And she's almost 1/2 a year old! Oy! I've gotta say...I absolutely love being her mother. She brings so much joy and sunshine to our family. It is so beautiful watching her and her brother...the way her eyes light up when Jude is playing in front of her...or the way he will grab her head and give her kisses. It's really so heartwarming! I look forward to watching these two become friends.

Anywho- Emme is learning so much and seems to have just grown a ton this past month...She's eating solids now- although she's totally not as natural as Jude was at eating!!! She's been enjoying rice cereal, avocados, sweet potatoes, and will be starting green beans and pears soon (not together though- ew!)...Em has also mastered rolling over from her back to tummy and tummy to back...but she hasn't discovered that she can continue rolling over and over! I'm pretty sure she'll roll and crawl before Jude did...homegirl moves around a ton! Jude never moved in his crib (until like 8 or so months), but Emme- man...sometimes I look in the monitor and she's completely flipped around and sideways and everywhich direction!!! :) She's hilarious too, b/c when she gets excited she squeals like a velociraptor!!! It's pretty awesome! Her giggles are adorable but rare...and she reeeeally likes grabbing my face when she is drinking her bottle.

How'd I get so blessed?

Em,
Oh my word, girlfriend. You bring mama so much joy. I'm so thankful that you are in our lives. Your eyes brighten up every room and your smile melts my heart. Words cannot express the happiness I feel and how blessed I am. I pray that you will grow up knowing the love Christ has for you...and that one day- you will experience the joys of motherhood too!

0 comments: