6.27.2010

...ts3...

#42 Take Jude to his first movie

Aw!!! We took Jude to his first movie this week...Toy Story 3! Jude hadn't been very good at watching movies...and right after Emme was born, I decided to try and brainwash him into loving ONE movie so that mama could have a lil break...and that movie happened to be Toy Story...little did I know...that in such a short short SHORT period of time...I would watch that badboy about a gazillion times! OY. It started off that Jude wouldn't watch more than 15 mins of it...and then he sat for like 30...and before I knew it- he sat and watched the ENTIRE thing. After a few weeks...Derrick decided to try TS2...and he loved it as well! Naturally...I got SUPER excited for Toy Story 3 coming out this summer...and was determined to make it Jude's first movie theater experience!

So...on our anniversary...we got our babymama, Lindsay (holla) to watch Emme while we took Jdub out to see TS3! DLo was slightly insane...and wanted to take him to see it in 3D...but I didn't want to risk it- seeing as we didn't know how he'd do at ALL let alone w/ glasses on his head! Jude did absolutely fabulous...he was so adorable sitting in the movie theatre chair with his lil cup of snacks...We brought his Buzz Bear...and he was set! Jude screamed "Buuuuuuuuhhhhhhh!" when Buzz first came out (why is it that all kids prefer Buzz to Woody?!)...and sat through the majority of the movie like a champ...weeeeellll.....until the last 5 minutes... I guess the whole "trash dump" part was a lil long for a barely2yearold! And...honestly...he woulda been fine if we hadn't been trying to get him to sit down in his seat again- he just wanted to stand...and every time we'd touch him he'd scream (not loud, but annoying)...and we were worried that he was going to bother the people in front of him by hovering over their heads!

All in all- what a FUN stinkin' time we had! And what a fantastic movie (aw- Pixar- you did it again!). I, of course, was crying from the very beginning! And I thought the ending was just perfect! If you haven't seen it yet...you must!!!

MY first movie at the theater was E.T. It was 1982- and I was also only 2 years old! What was your first movie???






5 comments:

The Breaux Family said...

Awwww I ♥ that lil boy! We watched the movie too...I was so excited b/c everyone kept saying that they cried at the end. You know me Kim, I did not cry....and thought I may have missed the point where I was supposed to cry. Sorry? It was a great movie though!

P.S. My 1st movie was Karate Kid!
P.S.S. Als love that you brainwashed him into liking TS so much too! Sorta reminds me of me bribing Elijah to smile during photo sessions! You gotta do what cha gotta do!

Jaime said...

I, of course cried. Where's your heart, Love?? Ha... my mom doesn't cry ever! But I can always count on my dad to cry, who of course cried during TS3.

And my first movie? Honestly, can't remember.... but I do remember seeing ET... and crying when he was dying. Crying so much that my dad had to hold me... sobbing!!

kimbasa said...

Love- you are hilarious....didn't you ever play w/ toys?! couldn't you relate to having that one toy you just can't part with??? (I still sleep with my teddy bear, remember?!) PS. Whoho Ralph Macchio!

The Breaux Family said...

LOL...whatever you two! I did play with toys....but remember I was the FAT sister so I was more interested in cooking and knowing what was for breakfast, lunch and dinner then playing! ha ha ha SO SAD, but SO TRUE!

Unknown said...

Holla! It was a fun day for Emme and me too. We threw a rockin party..... Anyway, The first movie I remember seeing was The Little Mermaid when I was 4. Does that date me? LOL. Yes!