5.22.2010

...big boy...

::sigh::

I don't think I'll ever get used to the fact that my babies are getting older...and learning SO much every day. Jude is outrageous. I mean...it's so hard for me to remember him being in the "Emme" stage...where he was learning to crawl and walk and eat with a spoon...::sigh:: not to mention even earlier- the cooing and drooling stage! Awww...WHY time WHY!? Why must you go at super warp speed?! I digress.

Jude is just the biggest loverloo ever. He is seriously so freakin' hilarious! He is such a smart kid and such a smart alec! I can tell he understands just about everything I say...and he TOTALLY knows right from wrong (most of the time)...and he knows when he's making bad choices- as he gives this maddeningly adorable face (squinty eyes and big teeth-only smile) when he gets caught! He's such a big helper- putting the bottle in the sink after I feed Emme and throwing trash away and getting the binky and and and ...the list goes on! He's been turning the DVD player/TV on in our bedroom for some time now...but now he even goes and changes DVD's when he's bored of what he's watching (and he knows he's only allowed to do that w/ his Elmo movies or Baby Einstein DVDs- momma doesn't so much like it when he touches the Disney movies!). One of my new favorite things (b/c it's so funny) is when he checks Emme's butt to see if she's gone poop! LOL...and sometimes...he checks mommy to see if she has too (for the record- I never have...) He's getting pretty good at telling me when HE's pooped too (potty training- watch out- I'm comin' at ya!)...although when I ask him (when I know he has) if he's pooped- he always says NO! But then will always let me check when I ask him (which to see how cute he his sticking his butt at me is just awesome!)

LOL. Anywho. It's so fun watching him play too...he's using his imagination more and more....it's so cute to see him carry around his "Elmo and Ernie" toys and make them talk to each other...or the long conversations he has on his Mickey cell- complete with laughter and "um um um"s It's seriously adorable. (Currently he's sitting in his Toy Story chair reading Judy Blume's Tales of a 4th Grade Nothing that he stole from my bookshelf...it's pretty comical) Homeslice is seriously so fun!

Since we got our backyard all niced up...we've been spending more time back there (in the evening when it cools down, of course)... Jude has quite the collection of outdoor toys now...and thanks to his Meema and Grandab, he has the cutest Mickey Mouse table and chairs to lounge in (We've even had dinner out there a few times...on his Mickey table...all three of us...it's pretty hilarious considering the size of the table!) Jude and I like to use the sidewalk chalk to decorate the patio with Sesame Street characters...and Jude is FABULOUS at watering mommy's dying flowers! lol. Recently, I'd been on the hunt for a water activity toy...the one I had chosen was out of stock for the past foreverandaday...but I finally found it...I think I had more fun then Jude did...although...he did enjoy trying to immerse his entire body into the water... silly boy!

Oh...man...I am lovin' life right now. Thank you, Jesus...for blessing me with amazing children...and thank you for such an amazing man for a husband and father to my angels.

and

Thank you, DLo...for working so hard so that I can stay home...I love you! We make beautiful babies together, don't we... :)

Enjoy some pix:



2 comments:

The Breaux Family said...

That is a S.E.R.I.U.O.S. water toy....it's like a mini version of Sea World! He is really into it too...in his guitar shirt!

The Breaux Family said...

..... proofread much? I meant to type S.E.R.I.O.U.S!